Gray Shirt Year: Wrestling Program for High School Graduates
How True Champions Are Made
The BullTrained Gray Shirt Year is an 9-month program designed to allow high school graduates entering their first year of college to train and compete full-time while continuing their academic studies.
These student-athletes must be currently enrolled in a maximum of 9 college credit hours to allow for a full schedule of college wrestling tournaments, all of which are attended by our dedicated team of trainers.
Our goal is to prepare these athletes for the rigorous demands of collegiate competition and work towards earning a college scholarship. While there are no guarantees, we strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel as athletes and grow as individuals.
We have partnered with an NCAA-accredited online educational institution to ensure athletes’ academic success while balancing an intensive training schedule and a full competition schedule.
Local Universities: University of Missouri, Columbia University, and Stevens College.
Email BullTrained to schedule your visit and get more information about the program
2022 Fall Wrestling Schedule – subject to change
- Nov. 5 – Maryville Open, St. Louis Missouri
- Nov. 19 – Lindenwood Open, St. Charles Missouri
- Nov. 27 – Cyclone Open, Ames Iowa or Mat Town, Lock Haven Pennsylvania
- Dec. 4 – Dury Open, Springfield Missouri
- Dec. 10 – Cleveland State Open, Cleveland Ohio OR
- Dec. 11 – Uni Open, Cedar Falls Iowa
- Feb. 5 – Edinboro Open, Edinboro Pennsylvania
Gray Shirt Year Information
- Further program details will be explained during the evaluation process.
- 9-month Season Starting September 7th – May 25th
- Athletes are required to pay all living and academic expenses (Sammie Henson will work with each family to find host parents for the year). Our desire is to assist you in keeping the cost down for the year.
- *Athletes who attend the University of Missouri and do 9 college credit hours per semester, also qualify for on-campus boarding. This provides you the opportunity to live on campus, use the recreational facilities and live in the college environment. Learn more about room and board on campus.
- Coach Henson is your coach–no different than if you were at a university full-time.
- No Refunds — Space is limited. Once accepted, you have locked in a space that will not be offered to anyone else.
- Cost for the year of Training: No different than gymnastics, hockey, tennis, and baseball. This program is one of a kind and there is a true commitment financially, and emotionally by all parties. The total cost will be explained during the evaluation process.
- Full Season – Students (parents) will need to provide all expenses for tournaments (i.e. travel, hotel, entry fee, etc.)
- Individuals will be paired together to create the best training environment.
- The program consists of wrestling, strength and conditioning, running, and general training.
- Each student athlete will feel like a part of a team, walk away with better knowledge of the sport, and experience improved work ethic and self-discipline.
- Only well-rounded student-athletes will be accepted.
- All in season camps are free to Grayshirts
PROGRAM + APPLICATION DETAILS
- Gray Shirt Year: High school graduates entering college part-time, enrolled in 9 hours or less per semester.
- Duration: 9 months
- Dates: September 7–May 25
- Email BullTrained for more information
- Hands-on training
- Full practice and competition schedule
- Help with finding host families for out-of-state athletes
- Participants are required to give back through a community outreach program
- Coaches accommodations for travel and tournaments are included in the price
Level up your training
Pay the deposit to save your spot for the BullTrained Gray Shirt Year! Enrollment closes August 31, 2022.
Grey Shirt Year Deposit
Athlete in High School or Middle School?
Check out our Black Shirt Year, an elite-level program that prepares young athletes, ages 10-18, for the rigorous demands of high school and collegiate competition.