BULLTRAINED BLACK SHIRT program: WRESTLING FOR home schooled STUDENT-ATHLETES
How True Champions Are Made
The BullTrained Black Shirt Program is an 9-month, elite-level program designed to allow home schooled student-athletes, in grades fourth through twelfth, the opportunity to train and compete full-time while continuing their academic studies.
Our goal is to prepare athletes with high ambitions for the rigorous demands of high school, collegiate and world level competition. Assisting them in their work towards earning a college scholarship or a world title. While there are no guarantees, we strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel as athletes and grow as individuals.
We have partnered with an NCAA-accredited online educational institution to ensure athletes’ academic success while balancing an intensive training schedule and a full competition schedule.
Led by “The Bull”
Led by former college head wrestling coach and BullTrained CEO, Sammie Henson, student-athletes in the Black Shirt Program will grow physically, mentally, and socially as both a competitor and a person.
Too many times students fall behind or are not achieving athletic success on the level they feel is needed. Throughout this program, student-athletes are assured of an increase in their athletic pursuit of excellence while also focusing on their academic studies.
The Black Shirt Program is designed to provide a full educational year of academic studies and sport-specific training with a full competition schedule. Skill levels also improve at a faster and higher rate within a small group setting with like-minded individuals.
Black Shirt program Information
- Further program details will be explained during the evaluation process.
- 9-month Season Starting September 6th – May 25th
- Athletes are required to pay all living and academic expenses.
- Coach Henson is your coach–no different than if you were at a university full-time.
- No Refunds — Space is limited. Once accepted, you have locked in a space that will not be offered to anyone else.
- Cost for the year of Training: No different than gymnastics, hockey, tennis, and baseball. This program is one of a kind and there is a true commitment financially, and emotionally by all parties.
- Full Season – Students (parents) will need to provide all expenses for tournaments (i.e. travel, hotel, entry fee, etc.)
- Individuals will be paired together to create the best training environment.
- The program consists of high level technique and positional wrestling, strength and conditioning, plus a tough competition schedule.
- Each student athlete will feel like a part of a team, walk away with better knowledge of the sport, and experience improved work ethic and self-discipline.
- Only well-rounded student-athletes will be accepted.
- All in season camps, breakfast club and night practices are included in the Blackshirt costs!
Blackshirt Training Schedule
Monday – 7:00pm
Tuesday – 6:00am – 9:00am -8:00pm
Wednesday – 6:00Am – 9:00am – 7:00pm
Thursday – 9:00am
*Practices subject to change due to competition schedule or training cycle.
PROGRAM + APPLICATION DETAILS
Cost + Admission
- Age requirements: must be in grades 4th – 12th.
- Cost: $5,400. Payments may be spread out over 9 months at $600/month or 12 months at $450/month.
- Duration: 9 months
- Dates: September 7–May 25
- Hands-on training
- Education continued online with an NCAA-accredited institution
- Full practice and competition schedule
- Housing with host families for out-of-state athletes and daily local accommodations for in-state students are available
- Participants required to give back through a community outreach program
Take your training to the next level
Sign up for the BullTrained Black Shirt Year today! Enrollment closes August 31, 2022.
Upon receipt of your submission, the student-athlete and their parent(s) will be contact for a phone interview. Correspondence of acceptance will be made following the evaluation process.
Black Shirt Year
- Pay in Full
- With a Payment Plan – Pick Between Nine $600 Installments or Twelve $450 Installments
- automatically withdrawn from your account every month during the payment period. The first payment is considered a deposit that is applied to your tuition cost and is witheld until program application is approved. Upon denial it will be recredited to the original payment option.
High School Senior?
Check out our Gray Shirt Program, designed to allow high school graduates entering their freshmen year of college a chance to grow not only their wrestling IQ, but also physically before starting their athletic clock. This program allows them to train and compete full-time with Olympian, World Champion and 2x NCAA National Champion, Sammie Henson while continuing their academic studies.