5-Day Intensive Wrestling Camp
San Clemente, CA
July 6-10, 2022
Bull in San Clemente
One-on-One instruction and interactive sessions.
The Training Camp accepts wrestlers at any level and teaches a variety of position-based techniques and skills that are necessary to develop these athletes into champions. Coach Henson’s One-on-One instruction and interactive sessions are a hallmark of the BullTrained Wrestling Camps. Henson believes through a positive attitude, mental toughness, technical enhancement and hard work, every wrestler can be the kind of champion they want to be.
Camp Goals + Outcomes
Improve your athlete’s mindset and increase their ability to focus on wrestling with controlled intensity. They’ll learn to wrestle till the whistle blows, never giving up.
- Wrestling Gear (wrestling shoes, running shoes, head gear, knee pads, etc)
- Notepad (for note taking during instruction, skills learned, etc)
- Toiletries (towel, soap, shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste)
- Sleeping Bag, Pillow and an Air Mattress
- Camp participants are required to have primary health insurance
- Camp participants must have signed the Camp Release, Medical and Parent’s Waiver forms (included in the form during checkout)
- Camp participants must possess a USA Wrestling card, available on line at www.themat.com
July 6th – 9th
- (7th and 9th will include a morning beach run, trail run or activity for overnight campers only)
- 11:00am – 12:45pm Wrestling Session I
- 12:45pm – 2:00pm Lunch Break
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm Wrestling Session II
July 10th (Last Day)
- 8:00am – 9:45am Wrestling Session I
- 10:30am Depart for John Wayne Airport
Food + Accommodations
Military Style Accommodations – Wrestlers will sleep on the mat.
- Showers are located in the gym
- Showering is required after every session
- Only breakfast is provided for all overnight campers. Athletes are welcome to bring their own snacks and water bottles + cash or food for any other meals.
* Commuters must bring all of their own food
- Breakfast for Overnight Campers
- Shuttle service from John Wayne Airport, practices, beach workout, and team store runs.
- Lunch and Dinner
San Clemente High School
Parents + Coaches
- Parents and coaches are encouraged to attend last session.
- During camp we do not allow parents to attend sessions as we want wrestlers to not have anyone looking over their shoulders! The goal is to learn how to compete on their own in a competitive environment.
- Taking pictures during the sessions is allowed, but no video taping please.
- Parents and coaches are welcome to watch live social media coverage of competition practices.