Henson’s Gray Shirt Program
Bulltrained – It’s A Lifestyle –
The Gray Shirt Program is for college bound student-athletes who would like to experience a year of collegiate-level training delivered by former college head wrestling coach and current sunkist kids coach, Sammie Henson. Student-athletes who desire to grow physically, mentally and socially–as a competitor and a person, without losing a year of NCAA/NAIA eligibility, will greatly benefit from this unique program.
The Gray Shirt Program is designed to provide full ten months of college and freestyle training with a full competition schedule, and optional college courses as a part time student will be on your own. Skill levels improve at a faster and higher rate with Sammie’s unique training system.
A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity to Excel
- Only 12 Athletes Accepted Each Year
- Hands-On Training Program
- Scheduled Practices & Competitions
- Housing –
This hands-on program involves scheduled practice sessions and competitions. Participants will be required to give back through community outreach programs, optional work within the sports industry, while training and competing at the highest level. The Gray Shirt Program will match participants with a roommates to help defray rental costs. Program attendees will be responsible for all costs involved with university enrollment, room and board.
The Gray Shirt Program is a 10 month commitment. The option to obtain 12 credits gained during the school year should be used to transfer to the university of your choice. The goal being to be prepared to compete at an higher level with the possibility of earning a scholarship at appropriate university that is a fit for our attendees upon completion of their 1o months. While there are no guarantees, we strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel in the sport and in life.
“We strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel in the sport and in life.”
With only 12 applicants accepted each year, Coach Henson’s Gray Shirt Program represents an investment made in the life of your wrestler. Many athletes never receive the opportunity to train with a World Champion, Olympic Silver Medalist, World Bronze Medalist, and 2-time NCAA Champion. To truly live the livestyle of the bull we will be preapred to take on obstacle on and off the mat while giving back to with a sense of belonging and caring for others in the process.
There is a $75 Application Fee which can be paid by clicking the link below.
After paying your application fee, you can apply for the Gray Shirt Program online by clicking the link below.
Upon receipt of the application, the student-athlete and their parents will be contacted for a phone interview. Correspondence of acceptance will be made following the evaluation process.
Gray Shirt Program General Information
- Further program details will be explained during the evaluation process.
- 10 Month Season Starting August 1st – May 31st
- Athletes have the option to 6 credit hours a semester at local university or college or online.
- Athletes are required to pay all living and college expenses (Sammie will work with each family to find a roommate or host parents for the year.) Our desire is to assist you in keeping the cost down for the year.
- Coach Henson is your coach–no different then if you were at a university full time.
- No Refunds — Space is Limited to 12 athletes. Once accepted, you have locked in a space not to be offered to anyone else.
- Cost for the year of Training: No different then gymnastics, hockey, tennis, and baseball. This program is one of a kind and there is a true commitment financially, and emotionally by all parties. The total cost will be explained during the evaluation process.
- Full Season of tournaments including freestyle tournaments. Most tournaments we will travel to via car.
- Individuals will be paired together to create the best training environment.
- The program will consist of wrestling, strength and conditioning, online dietitcian, running and general training.
- Each student athlete will feel a part of a team and walk a way with better knowledge of the sport and increased work ethic and self-discipline.
- Only well rounded student-athletes will be accepted.