BullTrained Gap Year
Bulltrained – It’s A Lifestyle –
The Gap Year is for student-athletes who would like to experience a year of elite-level training delivered by former college head wrestling coach and current BullTrained CEO, Sammie Henson. Student-athletes who desire to grow physically, mentally and socially–as a competitor and a person, while assuring an increase in their educational pursuit of of excellence. To many times students fall behind or are not achieving academic success on the level they feel is needed. This year allows each student to choose specific classes that they feel will challenge them or and assist in a better understanding of the particular area of study. With all that has happen in the world today this year is needed more now than Ever!
The BullTrained Gap Year is designed to provide full ten months academic studies and sports specific training with a full competition schedule. Skill levels improve at a faster and higher rate within a small group setting with like minded individuals!
A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity to Excel
- Only 12 Athletes Accepted Each Year
- Hands-On Training Program
- Scheduled Practices & Competitions
- Housing – Host families if from out of state and daily local accomadations for in state students.
This hands-on program involves scheduled practice sessions and competitions. Participants will be required to give back through community outreach programs, optional work within the sports industry, while training and competing at the highest level.
The BullTrained Gap Year is a 10 month commitment. The goal being to be prepare each student – athlete for the rigurous demands leading into high school while competing at an higher level with the possibility of earning a scholarship at appropriate university! While there are no guarantees, we strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel in the sport and in life.
“We strongly believe this program gives wrestlers the best opportunity to excel in the sport and in life.”
With only 12 applicants accepted each year, this unique elite program represents an investment made in the life of your wrestler. Many athletes never receive the opportunity to train with a World Champion, Olympic Silver Medalist, World Bronze Medalist, and 2-time NCAA Champion. To truly live the live style of the bull we will be prepared to take on obstacle on and off the mat while giving back to with a sense of belonging and caring for others in the process.
There is a $75 Application Fee which can be paid by clicking the link below.
After paying your application fee, you can apply for the Gray Shirt Program online by clicking the link below.
Upon receipt of the application, the student-athlete and their parents will be contacted for a phone interview. Correspondence of acceptance will be made following the evaluation process.
Gap Year Information
- Further program details will be explained during the evaluation process.
- 10 Month Season Starting August 1st – May 31st
- Athletes are required to pay all living and academic expenses (Sammie will work with each family to find host parents for the year.) Our desire is to assist you in keeping the cost down for the year.
- Coach Henson is your coach–no different then if you were at a university full time.
- No Refunds — Space is Limited to 12 athletes. Once accepted, you have locked in a space not to be offered to anyone else.
- Cost for the year of Training: No different than gymnastics, hockey, tennis, and baseball. This program is one of a kind and there is a true commitment financially, and emotionally by all parties. The total cost will be explained during the evaluation process.
- Full Season of tournaments and most tournaments we will travel to via car. Parents will need to provide all expenses for tournaments I.e travel, hotel, entry fee, etc.
- Individuals will be paired together to create the best training environment.
- The program will consist of wrestling, strength and conditioning, online dietitian, running and general training.
- Each student athlete will feel a part of a team and walk a way with better knowledge of the sport and increased work ethic and self-discipline.
- Only well rounded student-athletes will be accepted.